Crem (Coffee Queen) was acquired from the founder in Aug 2007 together with the founder and Management.
What did the company need?
- Increased market share in Sweden and other core markets
- Strengthening of the product assortment and the export business
- Increased manufacturing in China (subsidiary started in 2006
During Accent's five years of ownership the company has built a valuable global strategic position within professional coffee machines. In addition, a number of key initiatives driven by Accent have further enhanced Crem's strategic position:
- Several strategic acquisitions in Europe, both within adjacent products and local distribution, among others Crem Aparatos Cafexpres in Spain
- Fortification of the Asian presence via a the production site and Asian sales force
- Focus on product development within vending machines and automatic espresso;
- Gain of key global OEM accounts on top of the own distribution network
- Evolution of the company from a local family-owned business to a global professionally managed entity
- Strengthening of Management team (CEO, CFO and CMO)
- More than tripled the number of employees, from 80 FTEs to around 260