Stockholm, 13 February 2024
Accent Equity has for the 12th consecutive year awarded its Together Scholarship (Swe: Tillsammans-stipendiet).
The Scholarship is given to individuals or non-profit organisations that have made achievements that bring people together. Portfolio companies owned by Accent Equity funds nominate the candidates for the Scholarship.
This year’s scholarship recipients are:
- Monon Side ry: Volunteers on duty move throughout the city of Lahtis on weekends and special holidays, to help young people with mental health work and prevent addiction. Mono's on-call work involves meeting, helping and doing crisis work for young people, especially aimed at those who are temporarily in a crisis situation or in the risk zone due to drugs, violence, or other circumstances. Nominated by Lunawood
- MENATEKET: the MENATEK is the establishment of a flexible multi-functional centre as an extension of an existing sports hall. The project has people and community at its centre and is establishing a gathering and meeting place for both the local community and a diversity of user groups. A good framework to be created for people, nature and technology. Nominated by Lyngsoe Systems
- Rett Fram Opplevelser: Aims to help children and young people who, for one reason or another, are kept outside the social community. Rett Fram Opplevelser organises different types of experiences, activities and memories for life. Nominated by Steni
- Asociatia Daruieste Bucurie: Romania is a country on top of the list when it comes to school-dropout rates – the association has the mission of financially supporting children to prevent school dropout, with all kinds of activities. Nominated by Mont Blanc
- Lokala Hjälpen Västerås: The organisation supports various local initiatives and associations in Västerås, such as e.g. delivering christmas presents and grocery bags for the less fortunate around Christmas, or managing premises for young people and sports-associations. Nominated by Tempcon Group
All recipients are fine examples of strong local initiatives working for a better social environment, and it is Accent Equity’s great pleasure to be able to support these associations, especially during these challenging times.
Since 2011, 63 organisations have been awarded Accent Equity’s Together Scholarship.
For more information:
Niklas Sloutski, CEO Accent Equity, +46 70 300 99 59,
Tina Hammersland, Associate Accent Equity, +46 73 574 40 48,
About Accent Equity:
Accent Equity has since 1994 invested in private Nordic companies where a new partner or owner can serve as a catalyst. Our ambition is to invest in and develop the companies to be Nordic, European or Global leaders through a professional, hands-on and long-term oriented approach that results in superior and sustainable returns.