Stockholm, 19 January 2023
Accent Equity has for the 11th consecutive year awarded its Together Scholarship (Swe: Tillsammans-stipendiet).
The Scholarship is given to individuals or non-profit organisations that have made achievements that bring people together. Portfolio companies owned by Accent Equity funds nominate the candidates for the Scholarship.
This year’s scholarship recipients are:
- Jontefonden: An organisation that supports children who are in need of new organs. With conversation, support, community and social activities, Jontefonden helps make the situation easier, by creating joy and happiness, and being available around the clock for the children and their families. Nominated by Blomsterboda
- Østhallen: Forms a framework for activities and events all year round, for adults, children, young adults, as well as seniors. They gather in the hall’s premises to engage in various activities, including sports, meetings, parties, and more. Nominated by Lyngsoe Systems
- Ellas hjältar: An association that helps families with children who are seriously ill, by organising experiences for the families to create happy memories together when going through a tough time. Nominated by Syd Frys / Tempcon Group
- Nattvandrarna Bjuv: Non-profit organisation in Bjuv, Sweden, that organises walks every day of the week, to be out among young people for a safer environment. Nominated by Mörarps Frystransporter / Tempcon Group
- Varbergs Parasport: The organization creates active, positive and meaningful leisure activities, as well as provides opportunities for a social and local community for people with various disabilities. Nominated by Belid
- Tășuleasa Social: A Romanian association that organises activities and projects in which they try to answer questions, needs or shortcomings within three different focus areas; environment, social and cultural. Nominated by Mont Blanc
All recipients are fine examples of strong local initiatives working for a better social environment, and it is Accent Equity’s great pleasure to be able to support these associations, especially during these challenging times.
Since 2011, 58 organisations have been awarded Accent Equity’s Together Scholarship.
For more information:
Niklas Sloutski, CEO Accent Equity,
Johanna Hedman Palm, Sustainability Manager Accent Equity,
About Accent Equity:
Accent Equity has since 1994 invested in private Nordic companies where a new partner or owner can serve as a catalyst. Our ambition is to invest in and develop the companies to be Nordic, European or Global leaders through a professional, hands-on and long-term oriented approach that results in superior and sustainable returns.