Accent Equity Partners has for the 10th consecutive year awarded its Together Scholarship (Swe: Tillsammans-stipendiet).
The Scholarship is given to individuals or non-profit organisations that have made achievements that bring people together. Portfolio companies owned by Accent Equity funds nominate the candidates for the Scholarship.
This year’s scholarship recipients are:
- Kvinnojouren Ulricehamn - Women’s shelter that offers support and protection to women, to those who identify themselves as women, and their children who have been subject to violence, nominated by Götessons Design Group
- Kirkens SOS - Offers a 24-hour emergency hotline for anyone who needs someone to talk to, nominated by Steni Group
- Solväders FC - Football for girls’ initiative - Football club based in one of the socioeconomically vulnerable areas in Gothenburg. Awarded for the initiative to increase girls’ participation in football, nominated by Motum
- The Lahti Region Scout Association - Educational movement that aims to support the development of children and young people in the Lahti area with a special focus on personal development and caring for the environment, nominated by Lunawood
- MIND - Non-profit organization working with prevention of mental health conditions, nominated by Blomsterboda
- Hammerum IF - Football club based close to Ikast, Denmark. Awarded for their dedication to bring children and young people together despite the pandemic and for their special attention to diversity and inclusion, nominated by EAST
- Hofors AIF & Torsåkers IF - Football clubs based in Hofors, Sweden. Awarded for their efforts to bring the society together through sports, nominated by Enerco Group
All recipients are fine examples of strong local initiatives working for better social environment, and it is Accent Equity Partners’ great pleasure to be able to support these associations, especially during these challenging times of the pandemic.
Since 2012, 53 organisations have been awarded Accent Equity Partners’ Together Scholarship.
For more information:
Niklas Sloutski, CEO Accent Equity Partners, email@example.com
Caroline Brandt Lilja, Accent Equity Partners, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Accent Equity:
Accent Equity has since 1994 invested in private Nordic companies where a new partner or owner can serve as a catalyst. Our ambition is to invest in and develop the companies to be Nordic, European or Global leaders through a professional, hands-on and long-term oriented approach that results in superior and sustainable returns.
Follow Accent Equity on LinkedIn