Grycksbo was acquired as a carve-out from the listed group Stora Enso in early 2006 together with Management.
What did the company need?
- Transformation from being one of many corporate production and supply centers within a large group.
- Establish confidence and focus as a European leader in its niche.
- Improved customer/market and business orientation.
- Apply target setting and improve commercial thinking in purchasing.
A number of key initiatives driven by Accent enhanced Grycksbo's strategic position:
- Recruited new CEO and sales director.Established a new sales organization, replacing Stora Enso's in-house sales organization.
- More than 20% of total sold volume was relocated from Asia to Europe, resulting in increased profitability through changed market mix.
- Executed an extensive profit improvement program.Invested in pulp sourcing flexibility and a new IT-system.
- Implemented a long-term cost-effective and environmentally friendly energy solution.
- Improved control and planning thanks to a changed logistics setup, leading to reduced transport costs with more than 25%.